Re: Using count on a join, group by required?

From: emaratiyya <emaratiyya(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Using count on a join, group by required?
Date: 2010-12-14 07:19:16
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi,Please help me solving this problem. I appreciate..Thankyou.

Create the following table and insert few arbitrary records.
Product (product_id, product_name, supplier_name, quantity, price_per_unit)
You are required to create PL/SQL package that achieves the following
functionalities:

• Obtaining the product supplier name by using the product_id
• Changing the price_per_unit by using the product_id
• When changing the price of the product, you have to have PL/SQL code that
keeps the history of the prices. For this functionality you need to create
audit table: product_audit(product_id, old_price, new_price, date_of_change)
• Updating the quantity by using the product_id
• Get warning when the product level of stock (quantity) goes below certain
threshold (e.g. 10)