Re: Tab completion for view triggers in psql

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Itagaki Takahiro <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)gmail(dot)com>, PG Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Tab completion for view triggers in psql
Date: 2010-11-22 13:02:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Excerpts from David Fetter's message of dom nov 21 21:17:12 -0300 2010:

> Given its small and isolated nature, I was hoping we could get this in
> sooner rather than later. As I understand it, CFs are there to review
> patches that take significant effort for even a committer to
> understand, so this doesn't really fit that model.

It's a 300 line patch -- far from small. It takes me 10 minutes to go
through a 3 line change in docs. Maybe that makes me slow, but then if
I'm too slow for your patch, I probably don't want to handle it anyhow.

Please let's try to not work around the process.

(Also, like Robert, I work from the CF app, not from the mailing list
anymore. It''s far more convenient -- at least when people follow the
rules.)