Re: Cross posting

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Greg Sabino Mullane" <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Cross posting
Date: 2002-01-22 04:42:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

"Greg Sabino Mullane" <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com> writes:
> Regarding the licensing thread:

> Any chance we can limit this topic (and perhaps future ones)
> to a single list? I think everyone involved reads both HACKERS
> and GENERAL.

No, I think it's appropriate to continue this thread on both.
It's reasonably on-topic for both, and there are people who
read only one of the two lists.

If you are subscribed to multiple PG lists, it's a real good idea
to set up your subscriptions so that you get just one copy of
cross-posted articles, because you will see plenty of 'em ---
and you're wasting your breath to suggest that that's wrong.

IIRC, the magic recipe is:

send this one-line command to majordomo(at)postgresql(dot)org
set all unique YourEmailAddressHere

(Hey Marc, is it possible to make this the default setting?
Seems like this question comes up fairly often...)