Old git repo

From: Jeff Davis <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Old git repo
Date: 2010-08-19 21:29:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers

The new git repository will have different SHA1s for all of the commits,
so any old SHA1s will be useless without the old repository.

Hopefully nobody used links to specific commits (or SHA1s) pointing to
the old git repository for anything important. But I found myself doing
so occasionally for unimportant things (if it was important, I included
the date as a safeguard) -- so I assume a few other people did, as well.

Would it be worth keeping the old git repository around in a read-only
mode, just in case people have links/SHA1s floating around for it?

Regards,
Jeff Davis