Re: Continuent & pgsql-announce ... please do not approve

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org, "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Continuent & pgsql-announce ... please do not approve
Date: 2010-07-29 15:49:43
Lists: pgsql-www

On Thu, 2010-07-29 at 09:06 +0100, Dave Page wrote:

> >> Neither their wallet nor anything else gives them a spamming license.
> >
> > Have you considered using their nice link:
>
> I have. And I've had Robert remove me from their lists on numerous
> occasions, yet I still keep getting spammed.

You ask the wrong person, you get the wrong result. Robert Hodges is the
CTO and has no business worrying about mailing lists. The person you
need to talk to is Eeryi (sp?). He is the marketing person.
Joshua D. Drake

I am not saying they are not in the wrong here but really, if we want
actual progress to be made we need to document the appropriate steps and
follow them (thus use their unsubscribe links).

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor