Elections!

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: pgeu-general <pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Elections!
Date: 2010-05-09 21:36:38
Lists: pgeu-general

I just discovered that I'm not eligible for voting in the European
elections. What a load of crap!

I'm supposed to have registered by April 10. One mention, buried half
way down an email from Magnus sometime in March. The only people that
know this will be people planning their response to the election, not
honest community people with a balanced viewpoint. I doubt this result
will even be quorate, by any sensible measure. No doubt we will have
stacked votes with members in the East coast of Europe.

If we want a fair election, announce the rules properly, give people
time and assess the results. No tricks!

I propose that we re-publish the rules clearly and move back a month+ to
make this sensible and fair.

--
Simon Riggs www.2ndQuadrant.com