Re: core file found...

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Rajesh Kumar Mallah(dot)" <mallah(at)trade-india(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: core file found...
Date: 2002-05-11 15:01:23
Lists: pgsql-sql

"Rajesh Kumar Mallah." <mallah(at)trade-india(dot)com> writes:
> This is what i have

> Core was generated by `/usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster'.
> Program terminated with signal 25, File size limit exceeded.

Well, there you have it. Probably the postmaster's log output exceeded
whatever ulimit setting you have it running under.

It's a real good idea to start postmasters under "ulimit -a unlimited"
(or whatever your local syntax is). I'd recommend putting such a
command directly into the postmaster start script you use.