Re: Version 9 Beta testing day?

From: Jeff Davis <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Version 9 Beta testing day?
Date: 2010-02-24 18:29:33
Lists: sfpug

> Sometime in March I'd like to set up a full beta-testing (or
> alpha-testing) day. We would spend a full saturday or sunday bashing
> on 9.0 and trying to break it, and write up a lot of bug reports.

I'm probably in, depending on the date. March 20-21 do not work very
well for me, but other weekends I can most likely make it.

It would be useful to bring some old hardware from which we don't mind
pulling the plug repeatedly. I may be able to bring one or two such
machines if there is nearby parking, but it may be pretty inconvenient
otherwise.

Also, it would be useful to bring some test data, particularly data that
makes use of GIN and/or GiST (in order to exercise all recovery code).

Regards,
Jeff Davis