Re: Books

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Chris Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Books
Date: 2009-11-20 19:35:27
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thu, 2009-11-19 at 15:34 -0500, Chris Browne wrote:
> thomas(dot)granvej6(at)gmail(dot)com (Thomas Løcke) writes:
> > There's a new series of PostgreSQL books available:
> >
> > PostgreSQL 8.4 Official Documentation - Volume I
> > PostgreSQL 8.4 Official Documentation - Volume II
> >
> > And so on, up to volume V I think.
> >
> > Would I be supporting the PostgreSQL project by buying these, or are they just
> > a compilation of the online manuals, done by some random author calling him-/
> > herself "The PostgreSQL Global Development Group"? :o)
>
> Lulu.com has some books of this form...
>
> http://www.lulu.com/product/e-book/postgresql-84-official-documentation---volume-i-the-sql-language/5912706#detailsSection

If you are looking for a known contributor to the project for
documentation I would review the following:

http://www.lulu.com/product/hardcover/postgresql-81-volume-ii/543356

Or:

http://www.network-theory.co.uk/

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor
If the world pushes look it in the eye and GRR. Then push back harder. - Salamander