Re: Benchmark

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Mike Benoit <ipso(at)snappymail(dot)ca>
Cc: Mitch Pirtle <mitch(dot)pirtle(at)gmail(dot)com>, performance pgsql <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Benchmark
Date: 2005-02-11 18:41:17
Lists: pgsql-performance

Mike Benoit <ipso(at)snappymail(dot)ca> writes:
> I have never used Oracle myself, nor have I read its license agreement,
> but what if you didn't name Oracle directly? ie:

> TPS Database
> -------------------------------
> 112 MySQL
> 120 PgSQL
> 90 Sybase
> 95 "Other database that *may* start with a letter after N"
> 50 "Other database that *may* start with a letter after L"

Great Bridge did essentially that years ago, but I think we only got
away with it because we didn't say which DBs "Commercial Database A"
and "Commercial Database B" actually were. Even off the record, we
were only allowed to tell people that the commercial DBs were Oracle
and SQL Server ... but not which was which.