JDBC Problem with Timestamptz

From: chris(at)creatop(dot)com(dot)au
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: JDBC Problem with Timestamptz
Date: 2002-08-28 00:28:07
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi,

I'm quite new to PostgreSQL and JDBC and have just experienced my first and only problem so far. We run ColdFusion MX to talk to PostgreSQL and we have the JDBC driver version 7.2, which is the latest stable release according to the site.

We are experiencing a problem when performing any action with fields of type timestamptz:

No class found for timestamptz.

I found some reference to it in a couple of archive messages on this list but the solution didn't make sense to me (applying a patch, a patch which I couldn't see?). Any ideas how to fix this? Is it a matter of recompiling the source? And if so, how do I do that and where do I get it from?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
Chris

Chris Cox