Re: Synchronous replication & Hot standby patches

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>, Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com, "K, Niranjan (NSN - IN/Bangalore)" <niranjan(dot)k(at)nsn(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Synchronous replication & Hot standby patches
Date: 2009-02-26 09:27:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, 2009-02-25 at 17:50 -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Simon Riggs wrote:
> > On Thu, 2009-02-26 at 06:15 +0900, Fujii Masao wrote:
> > >
> > > Again, I'm not planning to get rid of any existing capabilities
> >
> > Good
> >
> > > unless necessary.
> >
> > That is not a caveat I will accept, a priori.
>
> What does "accept" mean above? Are you the sole acceptor for this
> feature? That is surprising to me.
>
> You can say you would vote against it but your wording above seems
> overly controlling.

I would hope my words carry the same weight as others when people speak
of what can and cannot be included, when backed by reasonable and
logical technical reasons.

Some things are important, some not, and I've done my best to use words
that indicate my views on that.

--
Simon Riggs www.2ndQuadrant.com