Call volume query

From: Mike Diehl <mdiehl(at)diehlnet(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Call volume query
Date: 2009-01-29 22:57:16
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi all.

I've encountered an SQL problem that I think is beyond my skills...

I've got a table full of records relating to events (phone calls, in
this case) and I need to find the largest number of events (calls)
occurring at the same time.

The table had a start timestamp and a duration field which contains the
length of the call in seconds.

I need to find out how many concurrent calls I supported, at peek
volume.

Can this be done in SQL? Or do I need to write a perl script?

Thank you,
Mike.