Re: [Fwd: Re: [ANNOUNCE] spreading the word on new PostgreSQL software appliance]

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Melanie <melanie(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: [ANNOUNCE] spreading the word on new PostgreSQL software appliance]
Date: 2008-12-09 17:06:22
Lists: pgsql-www

On Tue, 2008-12-09 at 11:57 -0500, Melanie wrote:
> I'm just curious, since so many of you have such deep roots in this
> project, are portal pages for anyone who requests a rub in the face for
> organizations that have a long commitment and feed money into the
> community for development?

The project exists for the benefit of the users first. So, if the
listing show a particular benefit to the users then it should be listed.

The mention that you make above is really controlled either via the
sponsor pages or the contributor pages (depending on context) and there
are lose but generally defined rules for both of those.

That is my take anyway.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

--