Re: Updates of SE-PostgreSQL 8.4devel patches (r1197)

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: KaiGai Kohei <kaigai(at)ak(dot)jp(dot)nec(dot)com>
Cc: KaiGai Kohei <kaigai(at)kaigai(dot)gr(dot)jp>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Updates of SE-PostgreSQL 8.4devel patches (r1197)
Date: 2008-11-18 13:22:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, 2008-11-18 at 21:40 +0900, KaiGai Kohei wrote:

> A concern is why you suggested this feature at the last half of the
> November. :(

I gave you my feedback as soon as I read the Wiki article. Even then I
didn't understand some aspects of the patch design, which was
unfortunate. But these things take time.

I would encourage all developers to post a design description of what
their patch does long before they write it. That way this kind of
feedback comes as early as possible.

Please don't worry. You've done a great job and many people would like
to see your work succeed. Getting things right takes time and it really
is worth it in the end.

--
Simon Riggs www.2ndQuadrant.com