Re: auto_explain contrib moudle

From: Jeff Davis <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com>
To: Martin Pihlak <martin(dot)pihlak(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: ITAGAKI Takahiro <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)oss(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>, Alex Hunsaker <badalex(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: auto_explain contrib moudle
Date: 2008-11-08 19:32:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, 2008-11-07 at 18:03 +0200, Martin Pihlak wrote:
> Another thing is a feature I am interested in -- ability to auto-explain statements
> execututed from within functions. I'm thinking of adding an extra boolean GUC --
> "explain.log_nested_statements" (defaults to false). Quick test seems to give
> expected results, but there maybe something I missed.

Thanks.

I applied this patch for log_nested_statements and I merged with HEAD.
Current patch attached.

One thing I'm unsure of (this question is for ITAGAKI Takahiro): why is
it necessary to define a new function DefineCustomVariable(), when there
are already functions DefineCustomBoolVariable() and
DefineCustomIntVariable()?

Regards,
Jeff Davis

Attachment Content-Type Size
auto-explain.1108.patch text/x-patch 22.8 KB