Re: NIST Test Suite

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: NIST Test Suite
Date: 2005-03-10 07:28:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au> writes:
> Are we able to run more NIST tests now?
> http://www.itl.nist.gov/div897/ctg/sql_form.htm

I thought we'd extracted all the interesting juice from the NIST tests
a couple years ago. Specifically I recall this fix came out of NIST
testing done by Red Hat:

Implement outer-level
aggregates to conform to the SQL spec, with extensions to support
our historical behavior. An aggregate belongs to the closest query
level of any of the variables in its argument, or the current query
level if there are no variables (e.g., COUNT(*)). The
implementation involves adding an agglevelsup field to Aggref, and
treating outer aggregates like outer variables at planning time.