Re: function likes sprintf

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: mik(at)nix(dot)org(dot)ru
Cc: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: function likes sprintf
Date: 2001-02-16 16:27:27
Lists: pgsql-general

"Mikhail V. Majorov" <mik(at)ttn(dot)ru> writes:
> I use plpgsql becase this language permit to use SQL command.
> As I undestand I can't use SQL command from plperl or pltcl. Is it
> right?

Not so --- pltcl has "SPI" commands that let you issue SQL queries.
(plperl seems not to have the equivalent functionality yet, which is
a shame because it really hobbles plperl.)

See the documentation at
http://www.postgresql.org/devel-corner/docs/postgres/programmer-pl.htm
(this is for 7.1 but it mostly applies to the 7.0 release).