Running a stored procedure via pgagent, need an example

From: novnov <novnovice(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Running a stored procedure via pgagent, need an example
Date: 2007-08-13 16:36:12
Lists: pgsql-general

Can someone give me a simple example of the way in which I might be able to
call a stored procedure or query using pgagent? I have never scripted a
postgres .sql etc to run via cron or pgagent and an example of the syntax
would be helpful. In pgagent terms, the Step is set up as SQL, and it's the
definition that I would like an example of. I am guessing that one would
save the routine off to a .sql file, then call via \i? The pgagent docs are
sparse, no examples given, and there are not many posts on this subject that
I can find.