Re: favicons

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: favicons
Date: 2008-03-12 21:01:49
Lists: pgsql-www

On Wed, 2008-03-12 at 19:29 +0000, Dave Page wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 7:16 PM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net> wrote:
> > There is a bizarre favicon inconsistency developing on *.postgresql.org
> > subsites:
> >
> > www et al. blue elephant
> > wiki none
> > developer black elephant
> > archives blue elephant
> > buildfarm black elephant
> > git black elephant
> > www.postgresqlfr.org WTH???
> >
> > Is there a secret meaning behind the black elephant or should we all move to
> > the blue one?
>
> Black for developer sites, blue for user? I don't think there's any
> plan behind it though, just coincidence. I'm happy to use the blue one
> everywhere.

I'm fairly certain it's "old sites" -> "ugly black elephant" and "new
sites" -> "pretty blue elephant".

Then git and buildfarm probably just copied it off
developer.postgresql.org without checking what was available :-)

personally, I like the blue one much better, and would suggest we switch
all postgresql.org sites to it :-)

//Magnus