Re: PHP and Postgres arrays

From: Yannick Warnier <ywarnier(at)beeznest(dot)org>
To: Ivan Sergio Borgonovo <mail(at)webthatworks(dot)it>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PHP and Postgres arrays
Date: 2008-01-18 22:29:17
Lists: pgsql-general

Le vendredi 18 janvier 2008 à 23:10 +0100, Ivan Sergio Borgonovo a
écrit :
> On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 23:01:09 +0100
> Yannick Warnier <ywarnier(at)beeznest(dot)org> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
>
> > I've been searching (not very thoroughly, but still) for a way to
> > get Postgres arrays right into PHP arrays, but it seems that the
> > Postgres driver simply doesn't allow that.
>
> What about using a stored procedure to return the array as a joined
> row?

I thought about it, but it's not very portable if you want to ship a PHP
application. But I admit I will fall back to that solution if I cannot
find any other (considering PostgreSQL might be the only open-source
database to offer in-fields arrays anyway).

Yannick