Passing composite types to plpgsql functions

From: "Jeff Waugh" <jaw(at)ic(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Passing composite types to plpgsql functions
Date: 2001-05-11 01:22:13
Lists: pgsql-general

/doc/html/plpgsql-description.html states that:

"Parameters to a function can be composite types (complete table rows). In
that case, the corresponding identifier $n will be a rowtype, but it must be
aliased using the ALIAS command described above."

What syntax do I need in my function declaration to receive a parameter of
something%ROWTYPE ?

Thanks,
-Jeff