Re: Access to databas from the Internet

From: Matthias(dot)Pitzl(at)izb(dot)de
To: fatmouse(at)poczta(dot)fm, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Access to databas from the Internet
Date: 2006-09-19 13:49:44
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello Lukasz!

You need some port forwarding onto your router/firewall. You have to forward
incoming connections on port 5432 (or the port postmaster is listening on)
from IP xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx to IP yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy with the according port. If
your router is a Linux machine, take a look into the iptables rules and also
the HowTos at http://www.netfilter.org/ how to create a port forwarding. Be
aware that this will also attackers from the internet will enable them to
use exploits onto your server! So make sure, that this machine is properly
secured.

Best regards,
Matthias