AW: LIKE/ESCAPE et al, initdb required!

From: Zeugswetter Andreas SB <ZeugswetterA(at)wien(dot)spardat(dot)at>
To: "'Thomas Lockhart'" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>, Hackers List <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: AW: LIKE/ESCAPE et al, initdb required!
Date: 2000-08-07 16:43:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I've bumped the system catalog version number and committed changes
> which:

> o implement CREATE/DROP SCHEMA as a synonym for CREATE DATABASE

This is imho wrong !
Please do not preassume results to a discussion that is not over or has
not reached a consensus.

Some of us (me) where of the opinion that schema must be a hierarchy below
our database.
Access to different schemas within one session is mandatory.
Non default schemas need to be syntactically specified with:
schemaname.tabname

So I ask you to please revert the above change unless we reach a consensus.

Andreas