AW: Some Improvement

From: Zeugswetter Andreas SB <ZeugswetterA(at)wien(dot)spardat(dot)at>
To: "'Tim Perdue'" <tperdue(at)valinux(dot)com>
Cc: "'pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: AW: Some Improvement
Date: 2000-07-13 07:11:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I still think there must be sorting going on, as the result
> is returned
> instantly if you remove the ORDER BY. I don't know - I do think it's
> much better now.

Are you doing the exact query I wrote for you ?
That is:
order by mail_list desc, mail_date desc

explain should tell you if it does a sort. There should not be a difference
with
or without the order by.
Hiroshi, I think you implemented the backwards index scan ?
Otherwise he would need to recreate the index as
(mail_list desc, mail_date desc)

Sorry for the inconvenience
Andreas