plperl.dll error from create langauge plperl (XP Pro 64 bit)

From: Doug Knight <dknight(at)wsi(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: plperl.dll error from create langauge plperl (XP Pro 64 bit)
Date: 2007-11-09 20:04:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

All,
I am building an XP Pro 64 bit system, where I have installed the latest
PostgreSQL binary distribution (8.2.5-1). Everything loaded fine, I have
postgres up and running as a service, installed ActiveTcl and
ActivePerl, enabled PostGIS, etc. I can do the CREATE LANGUAGE 'pgtcl'
successfully, but I get the following error when I try to CREATE
LANGUAGE 'plperl'

ERROR: could not load library "C:/Program Files
(x86)/PostgreSQL/8.2/lib/plperl.dll": %1 is not a valid Win32
application.

Has anyone encountered this error with the binary install in question,
or has anyone attempted on XP Pro 64 bit? If this is a 32 vs 64 bit
issue, our plan is to eventually run on a 32 bit version, but 64 bit is
all I currently have access to.

Thanks,
Doug Knight
WSI Corp