Re: pgAdmin III 1.8.0

From: Erwin Brandstetter <brsaweda(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgAdmin III 1.8.0
Date: 2007-10-29 19:17:19
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi Mike!

On Oct 29, 5:30 pm, Mike(dot)Blackw(dot)(dot)(dot)(at)rrd(dot)com wrote:
> A small annoyance: Newlines in table field comments appear to be stripped
> when the table is displayed in the Object Browser table list (upper right
> window). This makes multiline comments difficult to read. It'd be nice
> if the newline were replaced with a space instead.
>
> No rush on my part - just a wish list item. ^_^

Helpful bug reports are always welcome!
Please try to include essential information, though
- version of pgAdmin you are using
- your operating system
You can find more information here: http://pgadmin.org/support/list.php

I can confirm your report for pgAdmin 1.8 on Win XP with pg 8.2 on
debian etch.
With the "Columns" collection selected, the full comment for each
column is displayed in the properties pan, newlines just stripped. I
suppose we either truncate after the first newline and append dots,
like we do in other places, or convert newlines to spaces like Mike
suggested.

Regards
Erwin