Re: Exporting just schema/metadata (w/o data) in Postgres

From: Gandalf Me <gandalf(dot)me(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Exporting just schema/metadata (w/o data) in Postgres
Date: 2005-10-01 12:35:27
Lists: pgsql-general

Thanks!
Is there a tool which allows me to import this metadata across different
databases (postgres, oracle, db2)? Any standard format for storing the
metadata.
Basically, I want my application to run on multiple DBs, and I want to
create the same schema in all DBs with minimal effort.
I understand different DBs ahve different types and one need to do the
mapping and all, but does such a generic tool exists.

Regards.