Re: more buildfarm breakage

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: more buildfarm breakage
Date: 2011-02-04 18:04:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> mingw is unhappy with my latest stab at fixing the mess created by the
> errcodes patch last night. It appears that there are several files in
> src/port that include "postgres.h" even when FRONTEND is defined. For
> example, chklocale.c does this, which looks good:

> #ifndef FRONTEND
> #include "postgres.h"
> #else
> #include "postgres_fe.h"
> #endif

> But dirent.c, pipe.c, and win32error.c just do this, which seems ungood:

> #include "postgres.h"

I agree, that is not cool.

> Can we get away with using the former incantation for these files, or
> do they really need to include the backend version of that file even
> when compiled with -DFRONTEND? If so, I can fix it by adding some
> more dependencies, but I thought I'd ask first.

If the #ifndef FRONTEND incantation doesn't work, then either the file
isn't meant to be built for frontend at all (src/port does have some
like that IIRC), or we need to fix the code.

BTW, I noted here that errcodes.h doesn't seem to get built till after
src/port/ is built. That seems wrong --- there is definitely code in
there that needs to throw errors.