Re: Day of PostgreSQL - July 22, Sunday before OSCON

From: Jeff Davis <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com>
To: Selena Deckelmann <sdeckelmann(at)chrisking(dot)com>
Cc: Postgresql PDX_Users <pdxpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Rich Shepard <rshepard(at)appl-ecosys(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Day of PostgreSQL - July 22, Sunday before OSCON
Date: 2007-06-22 19:23:31
Lists: pdxpug

On Fri, 2007-06-22 at 11:35 -0700, Selena Deckelmann wrote:
> Anyone out there know something about temporal data handling? And,

I may be able to help. I've been interested in temporal databases for a
while, and I have spent some time with _Temporal Data and the Relational
Model_ by C.J. Date, which is a great book.

Rich recommended to me the _Developing Time-Oriented Database
Applications in SQL_ just a day or two ago (on -general), and I read a
few pages of that as well.

I think if I worked with someone on a presentation we could do a good
overview of the concepts. Rich, if nobody else stands up as an expert,
do you want to work together on this?

Regards,
Jeff Davis