Re: Timing a query

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Francisco Reyes <lists(at)natserv(dot)com>
Cc: "Elizabeth O'Neill" <elizabeth(dot)oneill(at)abcmail(dot)co(dot)uk>, pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Timing a query
Date: 2001-11-30 23:13:00
Lists: pgsql-general

Francisco Reyes <lists(at)natserv(dot)com> writes:
> The variables were on, yet I didn't get the debug output.

Did you look in the postmaster log? The stats are not sent to the client.

I think in 7.1 and before, those stats are printed directly to
postmaster stderr, which means you can't log them using syslog either;
you really have to send stderr to someplace useful. In 7.2 the stats
can be logged to syslog ... but they still don't go to the client.