Re: pg_stats how-to?

From: Adam Tauno Williams <adamtaunowilliams(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_stats how-to?
Date: 2007-05-14 01:44:42
Lists: pgsql-performance

> Anyone know of a pg_stats howto? I'd appreciate any direction.

Let me know if you find one! :)

It isn't a HOWTO, but I have collected some notes regarding the
performance views in a document -
http://docs.opengroupware.org/Members/whitemice/wmogag/file_view
- see the chapter on PostgreSQL. Hopefully this will continue to
expand.

The information is pretty scattered [ coming from a DB2 / Informix
background there there are specific performance guide], try -
http://book.itzero.com/read/others/0508/Sams.PostgreSQL.2nd.Edition.Jul.2005_html/0672327562/ch04lev1sec2.html
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/interactive/monitoring-stats.html

Also just trolling on this list is useful.

--
Adam Tauno Williams, Network & Systems Administrator
Consultant - http://www.whitemiceconsulting.com