Additional debugging of idle sessions?

From: Mike Goldner <mgoldner(at)agmednet(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Additional debugging of idle sessions?
Date: 2007-04-24 22:21:33
Lists: pgsql-general

I am experiencing a blocking situation in my database (Postgresql 8.1.8
on Redhat). When I do a "ps -ef|grep postgres" I see two processing
that are "idle in transaction" and they stay there indefinitely.

I'm running JBoss (the problem is in JBossMQ) and I'm having trouble
pinpointing the location/cause of the block as JBoss doesn't report any
errors or exceptions. It just sits there.

Is there any way to increase the debug logging or issue a query so that
I could find the actual select statements that are idle? That would
help me isolate the source of my problem.

Thanks