EXPLAIN/EXPLAIN ANALYSE for pl/pgsql functions

From: Hannu Krosing <hannu(at)skype(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: EXPLAIN/EXPLAIN ANALYSE for pl/pgsql functions
Date: 2007-04-23 08:01:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

How much effort would it be to add EXPLAIN/EXPLAIN ANALYSE capability to
pl/pgsql functions?

what I mean, is either a special mode, where "SELECT my_plpgsql_func()"
would print all query plans instead or in addition to executing them, or
some way for EXPLAIN to pass some flags to functions so that they can
"do the right thing".

Hannu