COPY FROM and multiple null strings

From: "Angva" <angvaw(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: COPY FROM and multiple null strings
Date: 2007-03-02 17:26:41
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I've run into a little snag in my data loads, and I come seeking
advice before I resort to an ugly workaround...

I have a function which runs COPY FROM several times. My problem is
that my data provider uses symbols to represent nulls - there is a
different symbol for each different data type. For instance a null
date would be '1900-01-01' and a null string would be '#'. Is there
any way to define multiple null strings in the COPY FROM command?

As always, any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark