Re: Scanner/Parser question - what does _P imply?

From: <korryd(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: "Jan Wieck" <JanWieck(at)Yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Scanner/Parser question - what does _P imply?
Date: 2007-01-25 20:34:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> > Some years ago there was discussion of consistently P-ifying *all* those
> > macros, but it didn't get done; I think Thomas or somebody objected that
> > it would make gram.y needlessly harder to read.
>
> Are there many people who read gram.y on a regular base?

I can't seem to put it down :-)

>From the back cover:

A rollercoaster ride of passion, heart-stopping adventures, and
gut-wrenching laughs ... every bit as thrilling as copyfuncs.c,
more of a tearjerker than bufmgr.c, and as deliciously naughty
as MySQL's item.cc.

Get gram.y, in stores now (or order at Amazon.com, delivered in a plain
brown wrapper).

-- Korry