Re: Table modifications with dependent views - best

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruno Wolff III <bruno(at)wolff(dot)to>
Cc: David Roussel <pgsql-general(at)diroussel(dot)xsmail(dot)com>, Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>, John Browne <jkbrowne(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Table modifications with dependent views - best
Date: 2005-04-22 15:36:43
Lists: pgsql-general

Bruno Wolff III <bruno(at)wolff(dot)to> writes:
> I wasn't able to find where this is spelled out in the documentation,
> but I believe all DDL commands except DROP DATABASE can be rolled back now.

I don't think there's any all-in-one-place statement about it, but
anything that doesn't explicitly object to being put inside a
transaction block can be rolled back. Grepping for
PreventTransactionChain, I see that the current suspects are

CLUSTER (only the multi-table variants)
CREATE DATABASE
DROP DATABASE
REINDEX DATABASE