Re: Very Very Slow Database Restore

From: Joseph McClintock <joe(dot)mcclintock(at)antics(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Very Very Slow Database Restore
Date: 2006-12-21 17:43:23
Lists: pgsql-admin

Thanks for the feed back. Doubling the work_men from 10240 to 20480
seemed to make the process faster but then I ran out of disk space.
Shared buffers are at 2000 which I can try increasing.

I now need to move the database off the system partition to my working
partition which has more space. I hope don't have to re-install
Postges, that would be a real bummer.

--Joe