Re: Backup/Restore

From: "kenp" <kpriest(at)rm(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Backup/Restore
Date: 2006-12-01 09:36:52
Lists: pgadmin-support

"Hélder M. Vieira" wrote:

> Hello.
>
> After adding the BIN directory to the PATH variable in the system variables
> list, pgAdmin now shows the Backup and Restore items.
>
> Thanks everybody for your help.
>

> Hélder M. Vieira
>

> >> I've just removed PostgreSQL 8.2 Beta 3 and installed the 8.2 RC1 package
> >> in a Windows 2000 Pro machine.
> >> With pgAdmin, I created a database and tried to restore a backup.
> >> At this point I noticed that, in the context-sensitive menu over the
> >> database name in the Object Browser, the Backup and Restore items were
> >> missing.
> >> In the Tools menu, both the Backup and Restore items were grayed.
> >> The pgAdmin build included in the PostgreSQL 8.2 Beta 3 package worked
> >> normaly.
> >> Both pgAdmin, pg_dump and pg_restore are in the bin directory.
> >>
> >> Could someone please give me a hand ?
> >
> > http://www.pgadmin.org/archives/pgadmin-support/2006-11/msg00168.php

> TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend

Does this imply that pgAdmin picks up a single version of pg_dump and
pg_restore?

For example, I have PostgreSQL 8.1.4 and 8.2beta2 installed on my
machine. I presume the version of pg_dump and pg_restore for each of
these PostgreSQL versions is different. When I select a database on a
server, does pgAdmin pick up the verison of pg_dump and pg_restore
appropriate to that PostgreSQL version?

Thanks,