Re: fsync and semctl errors with 8.1.5/win32

From: "Jeremy Haile" <jhaile(at)fastmail(dot)fm>
To: "Thomas H(dot)" <me(at)alternize(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: fsync and semctl errors with 8.1.5/win32
Date: 2006-11-28 21:48:19
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Yes - processmon always shows the files being locked by postgres.exe
processes. My database is being used as a data warehouse, so about all
I am doing is bulk insert/updates. I have a job that runs every 5
minutes and loads data into the database.

I typically load between 10,000 and 100,000 rows every 5 minutes into my
fact tables, although I also make use of transition tables, dimension
tables, etc. that get inserts/updates as well. I see the problem occur
3-4 times a day on average, but I don't know how to reproduce it other
than letting it run for a while.