Some more patches for binary resultset transfer

From: Mikko Tiihonen <mikko(dot)tiihonen(at)iki(dot)fi>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Some more patches for binary resultset transfer
Date: 2006-11-28 21:32:15
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi,

Some more patches:

debuglogfix
- fixes a null pointer in the extended logging v4 patch introduced

infinite-time
- adds infinite handling to binaryresult set
- only supports infinite for timestamp type because that is the only
type for which postgresql 8.1.5 supports infinite. time and date
fields transform it to null
- I do not like the integertime=yes infinite handling but I still
added it for compatibility with the text transfer result sets

updateable-rs-no-bin
- adds a new flag to queryexecutor to disallow use of binary transfer
- uses the flag for updateable result sets
- also contains an update to the updateable results test case which
shows that the current code cannot handle correctly updating of
byte[]/binarystreams

Kris, I believe that I have now answered all your concerns with the
previous v5 patch except the naming of the configuration option.
And also my patches make the binary transfer default to on, do you
think it should initially default to off?

-Mikko

Attachment Content-Type Size
debuglogfix.patch text/x-patch 700 bytes
infinite-time.patch text/x-patch 1.5 KB
updateable-rs-no-bin.patch text/x-patch 5.1 KB