Re: Catch multiple records when doing Select Into

From: "Ketema" <ketema(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Catch multiple records when doing Select Into
Date: 2006-11-01 15:09:28
Lists: pgsql-general

It would be easier if we could see the context in which you are doing
the select into. However I think this may help. Try putting the
select into in a loop:

declare
_result record;
_rows integer;
begin
_rows := 0;
for _result in select statement here loop
in here put logic to raise your exception if you get more
than one result
_rows := _rows + 1;
if _rows > 1 then raise exception 'Hey too many rows';
return next _result;
end loop;
end;