Timeout Value on network error

From: ecolgan(at)shiftwatch(dot)com
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Timeout Value on network error
Date: 2006-10-30 19:46:01
Lists: pgsql-general

I'm new to Postgres, but have been impressed so far.
We're using a remote Postgres server to view video data. It works
well, but we're having a hard time making our app robust when the
network fails. For example, PQexec does not return consistently when
the cable is disconnected. Is there a timeout value that we can
configure, so all PQ* functions return consistently?