How to Examine a view

From: info(at)axier(dot)se
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: How to Examine a view
Date: 2006-09-25 15:44:33
Lists: pgsql-general

I have setup a view consisting of two tables and some compound fields.
Now I would like from the client perspective see what those compound
fields actually are originally.

Let's (for simplicity I have inlcuded only one table) say we have:
CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW clientview AS
SELECT c.clientid, (c.orderer_name::text || ' :'::text) ||
substr(c.occasion::text, 1, 10) AS "Order occasion", c.customerid
FROM client c

Is it possible to query postgres to tell me what field names and field
types "Order occasion" really consists of?