"multiple backends attempting to wait for pincount 1"

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: "multiple backends attempting to wait for pincount 1"
Date: 2015-02-13 05:27:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Two different CLOBBER_CACHE_ALWAYS critters recently reported exactly
the same failure pattern on HEAD:

http://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=markhor&dt=2015-02-06%2011%3A59%3A59
http://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=tick&dt=2015-02-12%2010%3A22%3A57

I'd say we have a problem. I'd even go so far as to say that somebody has
completely broken locking, because this looks like autovacuum and manual
vacuuming are hitting the same table at the same time.