Re: The Art of SQL

From: "Andrew Hammond" <andrew(dot)george(dot)hammond(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: The Art of SQL
Date: 2006-08-03 16:31:01
Lists: pgsql-novice

> Is this a reasonable expectation? That there are some tasks that
> should not be handled inside the database?

Sure. Presentation logic / user interface stuff is the first example
that comes to mind. Although in my experience, a lot of programmers err
in the other direction. The tend to do stuff in the application that
could be better done in the database. I imagine that this is because
they're more comfortable with their native programming language than
SQL.

Drew