Re: user manage their own pg_hba entries

From: Glenn Davy <glenn(at)tangelosoftware(dot)net>
To: "pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: user manage their own pg_hba entries
Date: 2006-07-30 08:39:47
Lists: pgsql-novice

hi all, esp tom and sean...
just following up from this chat re allowing users to create databases
with out having to have permissions to edit pg_hba and issue a reload...

i've allowed all 'host' users to connect from 127.0.0.1/32 to all
databases, then used grant/revoke to limit what they can do - except I
cant seem to see how I can limit user A from creating tables in database
owned by user B?

is this a 'wait till 8.2' thing, or is it do-able now?
glenn