Postgres replication solutions

From: Mario Splivalo <mario(dot)splivalo(at)mobart(dot)hr>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Postgres replication solutions
Date: 2006-07-28 14:11:20
Lists: pgsql-admin

Besides slony, is there any other postgres replication active project? I
I need a solution where I could mirror a database to a 'spare' server,
for statistical analysis (just SELECTs beeing done there), and 'lag'
between actuall data and the slave server synchronisation can be even
few hours.

It would be awesome if it's not trigger-based.

I looked on gborg.postgres.org, there are numerous replication projects,
but for most of them last activity was in 2002. On pgfoundry I found
nothing (I haven't spent much time there since the web-site is awfully
slow).

So, I'd like a recommendation.

Mario
--
Mario Splivalo
Mob-Art

"I can do it quick, I can do it cheap, I can do it well. Pick any two."