Re: PostgreSQL 8.1 + PHP5.1.x/4.4.2 + Apache

From: Scott Marlowe <smarlowe(at)g2switchworks(dot)com>
To: "pobox(at)verysmall(dot)org" <pobox(at)verysmall(dot)org>
Cc: belfegor666(at)gazeta(dot)pl, pgsql general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL 8.1 + PHP5.1.x/4.4.2 + Apache
Date: 2006-06-05 19:58:40
Lists: pgsql-general

On Mon, 2006-06-05 at 14:18, pobox(at)verysmall(dot)org wrote:
> I am fighting with FreeBSD 5.4, Apache 1.3.36, php 5.1.4 and PostgreSQL
> 8.1.4 two days already. The PGSQL extention of php crashes everything.
> Trying to go back to PostgreSQL 8.0.8 to see if the problem comes from
> there.
>
> Please, let me know if your case is similar.

Most the time I've seen this, php and apache have been compiling against
different versions of the same or similar libs.

Last time, apache was hitting the netscape ldap libs, php was hitting
the ones for openldap.

Look for that kind of thing. Also, try compiling php with ONLY the
postgresql extension, or the minimum you need to do initial testing,
then adding them one at a time til it starts crashing again.