Re: Insert into partition table hangs

From: "Nik" <XLPizza(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Insert into partition table hangs
Date: 2006-05-31 14:45:38
Lists: pgsql-general

I am still having the same problem. I tried to eliminate any possible
network issues by placing the application on the server itself, but the
same thing happened.

However, I had an interesting discovery today that I don't understand.

I left the insert query that was stuck running. Then, without changing
any parameters, I ran reload configuration, aka. sending SIGHUP, and
the query immediately completed and went on to the next insert.

I also noticed that I am having the similar issue with SELECT
statements. Same SELECT statement will run fine 3-4 times in a row and
then get stuck and run forever with no results. But if I reload the
configuration like above, the query immediatelly returns with correct
result.

Why does this happen, and could this give any insight in my problem?

Thanks.